Gift Card Rules
Under Massachusetts law, gift cards and gift certificates are purchased by a buyer for use by a person other than the buyer. They are not redeemable for cash and are usable on the face amount in lieu of cash in exchange for goods or services supplied by Boston Athletic Club. Gift cards are not prepaid cards, debit cards, or credit cards, though they may look similar. Other restrictions apply:
- Gift cards are not redeemable for cash.
- If the balance is $5.00 or less, the holder can request to receive the balance in cash.
- There are no extra fees for using a gift card.
- Gift cards are valid for seven years from the date of purchase.
- Gift cards can have value added to them.
- No credit will be issued for lost or stolen cards.
- Gift cards cannot be redeemed towards tenant goods and services.
The above rules do not apply to promotional gift cards provided by the club.
To check your gift card balance, please contact us at 617-269-4300.